Welcome to Gardener's Cottage Website:Sleeps 2/4 and a baby
We look forward to welcoming you to our cosy holiday cottage, a real home from home.
Gardener's Cottage, built in the late 18th Century, adjoins the owners Victorian Mansion and is full of character and rustic charm. The property is set in 4 acres of mature walled gardens and woodland, with a river running through the heart of it. Footpaths lead up to the lower Lakeland fells, a waterfall (ideal for picnics!) and spectacular coastal views. On a very clear day the Isle of Man can also be seen. The property is located within the very picturesque south-western side of the Lake District National Park.
Gardener's Cottage is compact and cosy yet fully furnished with all modern appliances and retains its character and charm with many original features. Upstairs the cottage has a double bed in the bedroom and a small attic bedroom linked to the main bedroom can sleep two children/young adults (two single mattresses, with limited headroom, accessed via a loft ladder). A cot and highchair are also available to hire if required. The east-facing window overlooks the River Annas which is very tranquil. The bedrooms are electrically space heated. Gardener's Cottage has a separate shower room upstairs with electric shower, WC and wash basin. On the ground floor, the kitchen/living room overlooks a secluded Victorian courtyard. It has table and chairs, electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, sink and dishwasher fitted. The living area has a sofa, window seat, table, satellite TV, video, DVD player and a cosy log-burning stove. Outside is a courtyard, table & chairs and a barbeque area.
- Complementary welcome hamper is provided
- Changeover day is Saturday (4pm arrival, 10am departure)
- Sorry, no pets (local boarding kennels nearby)
- A no smoking policy exists
- Logs and coal are provided
- Bedlinen and towels are included
- Free-range eggs are available at £2/dozen. Food can be bought from local shop/butchers
- Deposit is 25% with the balance payable at least 6 weeks before arriving by Bank/B.S. cheque
- We are approximately 1 hour drive from the M6.